DUNPENDER COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of AGM held on Thursday 1st June 2017, 7.30pm in the
Council Chambers, East Linton
Present Ms A Cosgrove Mr J Swift
Mr J Robson Ms L Shaw-Stewart
Mr G Gray Ms A Pearson
Mr B Craighead Mr R Russel
Mr E Martin
In attendance Mr A Gibson (Andrew Meikle Grove RA)
Mr N Wilkin (Monks Muir)
Mr J Gray (Monks Muir)
Mrs J Taylor (Minutes)
Cllr S Kempson
Cllr J Goodfellow
Mrs J Priest
Mrs A Jolly
2.0 CHAIRMANíS REPORT
Mrs J Priest - Chairwoman
Ms A Cosgrove - Vice-Chairwoman
Mr J Swift - Secretary
Mr J Robson - Treasurer
This year our members have, among other things:
• studied and responded to Scottish Government proposals for Changes in Planning
• objected to various proposals for housing developments, met with our MP and MSP on this matter
ï responded to consultation on the future of Knowes weir
• continued investigating broadband provision in Whitekirk
• supported the Horticultural Society in keeping East Linton blooming.
• provided the Christmas lights
• continued to support the Friends of John Muir Country Park work group and volunteer path wardens
• brought the 20mph limit for East Linton almost to reality and held discussions with ELC to reduce the speed limit in Tyninghame
• continued to tackle the dog-fouling problem on Tyninghame Cricket Pitch
• had the railway bridges painted after 15 years of pestering
• organised improved signs at Lauder place warning of low bridge
• finalised plans for the Noble anniversary events in May and helped organise and fund the new seats and flowerbeds opposite the Community Hall. We are very grateful for all the work done by Dunpender members and also Helen and Iain Patterson on the Noble anniversary events.
• gained community support and started the funding process for traffic signals on Preston Road to enable a wider pavement to be built at the corner.
• applied to the Area Partnership for funds for electricity in the Park
• funded and organised the relocation of the defibrillator from the Co-op to the Community Hall
• reported flood debris in the river and broken streetlights, potholes etc to ELC.
Members continued to represent the Dunpender community on various groups and at a number of consultations and meetings this year including East Lothian Council Bus Forum, RELBUS, RAGES, CAPP, two Area Partnerships, Lafarge, East Linton Community Hall, John Muir Country Park and Joint Laws Advisory Groups and the Local Access Forum.
Dunpender News this year and have written a short report each month for the East Linton & District Advertiser as well as ensuring our news is on the website.
Thanks go once again to Alastair Seagroatt who looks after our website, www.eastlinton.uk.com, to Mrs Taylor who takes the minutes for our meetings and to all members for their hard work throughout the year.
4.0 TREASURERíS REPORT
Unable to give a report due to delay at Auditors.
Cost of Auditors to be reviewed once invoice received and possibly check for alternatives, looking at who other community councils use.
5.0 ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS
The following office-bearers were re-elected. Chair ñ Mrs Priest, Vice chair ñ Ms Cosgrove, Secretary ñ Mr Swift, Treasurer ñ Mr Robson.
Proposer:- Mr Robson
Seconder:- Ms Pearson
Proposer:- Mr Robson
Seconder:- Mr Russel
Proposer:- Ms Cosgrove
Seconder:- Mr Gray
Proposer:- Ms Shaw-Stewart
Seconder:- Mr Martin
There being no other business, the AGM was closed and followed by an ordinary meeting of Dunpender Community Council.